
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Watch out for the quiet ones...
This morning when I dropped Nanea off at her babysitter's, I was taking out her cooler of food and milk, and her babysitter was putting her breakfast in the fridge, and I hear her yell, "Caden, NO! NO! NO!" I turned around to see Nanea falling backwards (she was sitting on the blanket in the living room). Apparently, Caden pushed her over. She caught herself and didn't bonk her head, but immediately got really mad and cried. I had to stop myself from laughing because the look on her face was just so funny. She was staring at Caden with an expression of "how DARE you!" and looking at the babysitter and I like "why didn't you stop him!!!" Caden got scolded. He's only 2. For those of you that are familiar with Nanea's babysitter stories, Caden isn't even the kolohe (rascal/naughty) one! He is the independent, quiet, content little guy who is happy with the tv and food as entertainment. So, I guess it's true when they say to watch out for those quiet ones! At least with Brandon (HE'S the kolohe boy), you know when he's coming :)! But, all is well, and I left her happy playing with her newly promoted assistant babysitter, 2 year old Ashlynn. Her former assistant babysitter, Laura, age 4, started pre-school yesterday, so that bumped Ashie into the top dog position. She is stepping up to the plate nicely, getting Nanea's blanket all set up for her and toys scattered about when we get there.
As for news, Nanea crawled for the first time yesterday at the babysitter's. And, "grandma" (babysitter's mom), taught her how to sit up from lying on her stomach. I was lucky too see both when I picked her up yesterday afternoon. I imagine she should be pretty good at both by the time daddy gets home this weekend to see. He called from Bahrain this morning at 3:45am, so I told him the news. We had a 2 min conversation since it was costing about $4/minute. Of course I couldn't go to sleep after that. But, it was worth it to hear he is doing ok all the way across the world!
alohab @ 9:10 AM
2 comments

Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
