<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Hanukah!


I thought I'd give a shout-out to my Jewish friends since it is now Hanukah. Living in Hawaii, you forget things like Hanukah, since there are probably 20 Jewish people here in the islands (I am exaggerating...there are more. There is even a temple on the Pali, and our govenor is Jewish). Any way, after growing up with so many Jewish friends, it is very different living in a place where you can't find matzoh and more importantly matzoh ball soup. *sigh* my favorite. So, although I sent out Christmas cards this year instead of the PC "holiday cards," I am still most definitely thinking of all my childhood friends. Delete "merry christmas" above, insert Happy Hanukah!

alohab @ 8:16 AM
2 comments

Comments:
I didnt have a Jewish friend until I was in my mid 30s! I didnt even know they really existed! That's how few are here in Hawai'i. But I do hear they are alive and flourishing at Punahou where one of my friend's kids has attending several Bar Mitzvahs! I only see them on t.v. or in movies! So sheltered...
 
what!? there are jewish people here in the islands!? JUST KIDDING. in this melting pot that we live in, we are so "blind"...

:)
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger