
For some reason, Makena just looks HUGE in pic with Nanea. Maybe because Nanea is so, so skinny...

CRAZY hair!
Nanea said this the other day (just go about me) when I was trying to get her out of the house to go to the store. My trick to get her moving has always been to say, "do you want me to go without you and you stay by yourself with Nalu?" To which she always screamed "NO!!!" and scrambled to the door. This time, she just sighed and said, "OK, just go about me mom."
We've had some issues of late with general whining and defiance. Tonight I let her stay out extra late to roast marshmallows with the kids next door. I knew she was tired, and I should have made her come in, but she was SO excited, and I generally have guilt because she get stuck in the house all day with Makena and I, so I let her go. She came in when I said it was time, but then all hell broke loose with screaming and crying and whining. Just over-tired, but after as many deep breaths as I could take, I finally yelled, "STOP WHINING!!! NO STORIES, NO MOMMY, NO PARTIES" (I normally lie with her for a few minutes after bedtime stories and we have 2 birthday parties to go to tomorrow). Once I got her in her jammies and into bed, I felt super bad for losing my temper, so she was snuggling into me and I said, "I love you and I'm sorry for yelling at you." To which she replied, "It's ok mom, it's ok, I love you too," all the while patting my back. Sometimes I have a hard time believing that she's only 2 (and 3/4).