The day after Christmas we drove from Southern Ca to Northern Ca to visit my grandparents. Living on a very small island, this was the longest drive we had ever attempted with the girls, and I was more or less dreading it. I however, had nothing to fear. The girls were in great spirits for the 6 hour drive, and handled it very well. They entertained themselves, took pretty good naps, and we took a short lunch break on both legs. Makena only cried when we were about 30 minutes away from my parents on the way home. Mostly because it was late and she was tired. I'd say a pretty successful trip, and we had a GREAT time!

Nanea watched movies and played games on our iPhones

Makena entertained herself with Elmo and Baby, of course

see Makena peeking into the picture?

and Noa cannot go anywhere in the vicinity of San Fran without seeing his beloved 49ers. Lucky for us (him) they were playing Detroit the weekend we were there.
Mark's first NFL game, and Mikie's first 49ers game
(Noa and I were of course prepared in our niners gear)
of course no SF trip is complete without dinner at Thanh Long
(note Noa and his favorite garlic roasted Dungeness Crab)
We only went to Napa to do a site visit for Mikie's wedding (ya, right). We love V. Sattui!

the site of Mikie and Mark's nuptials. The Hillside Dining Room at the BEAUTIFUL Carneros Inn (see, we really did do a site visit!)