and I'm an Elmo-holic.
This has been going on at least over a month. My daughter is OBSESSED (yes, it does deserve capitals) with Elmo, or, as she calls him, "Mo-Mo." (with that voice, is Elmo really a boy? Any way, I digress...) We are not sure when she became aware of Mo-Mo, but she does watch Sesame Street most mornings, and you parents out there know that Elmo comes on at the end of the hour of each show.

Today at Walmart, we passed by this box. No Elmo on top, just the box, and Nanea started saying, "Mo-mo! Mo-Mo!" I could not figure out where she was seeing Mo-Mo and when I figured it out, I said to Noa, "what the...??? How'd she figure that out?" A few minutes later, I see her pointing and saying emphatically, "Mo-mo, Mo-mo!" and look up, all the way across the store, on top of a very high shelf, and see this:
One thing for certain, we don't have to worry about her vision!
She has yet to own anything "mo-mo," except for an Elmo potty book I just purchased yesterday. The one new book she will sit through (she is very loyal to her tried and true favorites and I have a hard time introducing new ones).
So, at 16 months old, I can say with certainty that my daughter has found her first obsession!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!