<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, April 17, 2008

"my BEST friend"







Peas in a pod, I tell you. This is Nanea's BEST friend, Kili. Emphasis on the best, since this is how she says it every time. This is how she has taken to referring to Kili when talking about her. It's actually become an extension of her name, "I want my BEST friend Kili come my house, call my BEST friend Kili's mommy, I go beach with my BEST friend Kili." Now that they are not at the same sitter, we try our best to get them together once a week. They cry when we separate them to go home. It's pretty darn cute.

These pictures were taken after we spent an afternoon at Baby Loves Disco, a phenomenon sweeping the nation where parents who never get to leave their house and go to a night club, get to go to one in the afternoon with their kids aged 7 and under. Overall, it's not a bad concept. Kid friendly snacks and juice boxes all over, 70s and 80s tunes (Noa loves when I use that word, laughs hysterically every time) blasting, bubble machines, temporary tattoos, balloons. The only thing I found a bit odd was the open full bar and parents dancing with their kids with beers in their hands at 2 in the afternoon. Several times there had to be announcements reminding parents to not leave their beverages on the low tables for wandering kids and babies to help themselves to. And probably the fact that you're in a dark night club with kids running around hysterically. But, I guess the bar has to make money on the event somehow since I think they donate their space once a month. The girls only lasted about an hour an a half before sensory overload kicked in, but we think we'll try it out again next month and see how it goes. At least our husbands will come with us next time now that they know alcohol is served...

Guess what kind of tattoo Nanea got? You can see it if you enlarge the last picture. Also, you can see Nanea and Kili's "legit" arm bands since ids were checked by bouncers upon entering the club. Actually, each kid got an armband and parent received a corresponding ticket with a number that matched their kid's armband. When you left, they made sure you matched your kid. Not a bad idea. After the kid's bouncer, the adults whipped out their ids and got stamped so they could consume alcohol. I tell ya, there is just something a little wrong with that picture...

alohab @ 10:58 PM
2 comments

Comments:
Is that Grover? Hey, if the alcohol gets the dads there, then I'm all for it :-) but yeah, a bit strange...and teaching toddlers the ins and outs of "clubbing"...hmmm...
 
Interesting concept?
I could have guessed who she picked!!!
Guess they are going to be best buds forever!

Love,
Mom
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger