Sunday, August 02, 2009
A week of sweets
The week before Makena's birthday, we were surprised with this package from UPS:
note on the outside of the box
The packaging was most impressive (of course I would have to blog about this). Upon opening, there was an imprinted styrofoam container with the logo stamped on it (left). After opening that part, there was a bakery box (right). Underneath that was a frozen ice pack, which was still cold. 2 days and all that way and still cold. Amazing!
In late May, our friend Graham came to visit from Boston. He was here less than 24 hours, but we had a great time catching up. Click on the link above to read that post. So, being the nice guy that he is, he sent us a "thank you" all the way from New York, his hometown. Yes, a REAL New York Cheesecake. It was delicious, and we really enjoyed eating it. Thank you Graham! I had never been to the famous Junior's in Brooklyn, but had enjoyed their black and white cookies from their little retail bakery in Grand Central Station.
The next day, my parents arrived from California, bringing with them yummy, delicious
Sprinkles Cupcakes! I am a fan of most cupcakes, but there is just something about going home and getting Sprinkles. Alas, we brought them to a party, and I didn't get one for myself. Go figure!
The aftermath:
Nanea enjoyed all of these treats immensely, go figure. Not to mention the birthday cake, and all of the sweets associated with the birthday party. I think she is still on a sugar high 3 weeks later...
alohab @ 8:34 PM
2 comments