<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, October 16, 2006

Snow in October?

Yes, the first day we arrived in Chicago, it SNOWED. Not the melt when it hits the pavement snow, but big, white flurries...well ok, it did melt when it hit the pavement, but made the trees and plants all white for a little while. Even the reporters were commenting on how it's awfully early for snow, normally not appearing until late Nov., early Dec. the next day it warmed up, and is now in the mid-50s. Wed. it's supposed to be 67. WARM! That will be the day we venture to the zoo I think. Nanea is getting to take advantage of her warm winter clothes at least. And looks very cute in her hats and mittens I must add. I will post pictures once we get home. Still no way to upload here unfortunately.

My sis is doing really well considering her major surgery. Though I suspect that we may be wearing her and my mom out with the baby. The normally GREAT sleeper Nanea does not want to sleep in Chicago unfortunately. The first 4 nights we were here she stayed up until 12am, and then I struggled to get her to sleep. Last night I put her down at 7 and let her cry it out. Went in 3 times, and she finally slept at 8pm. Tonight, 5:30 she decided she was tired, and has pretty much been crying since. She does not like the pack-n-play that i am forcing her to sleep in. And, she has ended up sleeping with me every night. which means I don't sleep. She has never slept with Noa and I. I suspect that when we get back home we will be in big trouble. A week at least of getting back into a schedule. Ah well, I guess this is what happens when you travel...

Glad we missed the earthquake at home. Everyone/thing is a-ok!

alohab @ 1:58 PM
1 comments

Comments:
Great to hear about your Chicago adventures!
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger