<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, February 12, 2009

An early morning 5K run

we did what??

Yes, I woke the girls up before the sun (one thing that I have never been able to do until now...I'm a firm believer that you should NEVER wake a sleeping kid) to run in a 5K race.  Now those that know me, know that this is an extremely odd thing for me to do.  I HATE running.  Hate may not even be strong enough of a word.  Especially when pushing 47 pounds of kids in a 23 pound stroller with snacks, diapers, wipes, well, you get the idea...

So, why on earth did I do this?  Because I am competitive, and can't turn down a challenge.  A bunch of moms from Stroller Strides decided to do the race instead of regular class on Saturday.  Well, I have been so good at going to class and getting close to my goal weight, I didn't want to miss it, so I bit the bullet and signed up.

Overall, the Stroller moms did incredible!  Out of 18 in the stroller division, we held the top 8 spots.  In fact, most of the moms either won, or placed in their age categories against women running WITHOUT strollers. As one of our trainers yelled out at the awards ceremony when this was brought to attention by the emcee, "how embarrassing!"  She didn't run with a stroller, so she was allowed to say that :).

I would definitely do it again.  In fact, I am searching for another race because I feel like I didn't push hard enough and could do much better.  That's the competitive part of me.  I placed 6th in the stroller category, and was in the middle of the pack overall.  Noa thought this was pretty good considering I don't have a true jogging stroller.  To which my reaction was, "What??  My stroller isn't a jogging stroller??  WOULD IT HAVE BEEN EASIER WITH A JOGGING STROLLER??!?!?"  He said, "probably."  So, I if am to continue this journey, I may have to request a double jogging stroller for mother's day.

alohab @ 8:36 PM
6 comments

Comments:
Oh my gosh, you are so funny! I am totally going to have to start running again. You are so inspiring!
 
YAY YOU!!!! You are my hero!!! (you look incredible by the way!!)
 
You go Aloha! I'm so proud of you! You deserve a new stroller! Love ya!
 
Good job! (as your daughter would say)--and setting a good example as well. Congratulations!
 
you are my hero!!! i can't believe that you did that!! you look FANTASTIC!!
 
Get that new stroller! (oops I hear they are EXPENSIVE). Gosh I wish they had races like that around here. Last race/walk i went in (a couple of weeks ago) was a joke. it was as if the slower the better! OMG--so HILO!!!
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger