<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A few gems...

Aren't I cute?
Enjoying the spray from the hose

Nanea & her Bee-yoo-tee-full necklace

I know one day I'll be berated by my teenage daughter for the naked pictures, but, what the heck? Here are some recent Nanea developments:

1) I am still "mama" for those of you that are wondering. Sometimes "mommy," but still "mama" when she wants my attention. I think it's because she is getting too darned smart, and everyone refers to me as "mommy" so she is following suit.

2) Along with Nanea's Elmo obsession - she is now bringing the remote to us, and saying "I want Elmo ("A-mo") constantly since Tutu bought her 2 Elmo videos and she knows she can see them anytime and not just for 15 minutes at the end of Sesame Street each morning - she is obsessing for strawberries ("I wan a-bee", almost as good as "I wan wawul," translation: "I want waffle" sorry, I digress). Today we bought a 4lb flat at Costco because she went beserk upon seeing them. As I was unloading the groceries and had 3 things piled on top of the carton, she decided she had to have one. I went to the fridge to get a strawberry that we already had, but she went out to the garage, took everything off the container, took out her strawberry, put everything BACK on the carton and then brought me the strawberry to wash and cut the top off. All this in the amount of time it took me to take out my own strawberry from the fridge, wash and cut. We met in the middle and traded without me knowing what she was doing.

3) Nanea asks me to sing the bubble song from music class in the car, over and over and over and over (think 10 little Indians, but bubbles, "1 little, 2 little, 3 little bubbles..."). When I try to sing something else, anything else, I get an emphatic "NO!" We have to get a new song. It's driving me nuts. Immediately upon finishing, her little voice peeps up, "again!"

(4) She is now giving orders. A favorite is "down!" while patting the chair she wants you to sit in. Usually this is accompanied with watching Elmo videos. I've been so good about most things - schedules, bedtime, sleeping on her own, I was bound to fail miserably on something. And, that seems to be the APA recommendation that children under 2 watch NO tv. Well, at least our pediatrician said no more than 2 hours...I think I'm within that limit.

(5) Nanea is now speaking in sentences, though it is always "I want." "I wan milk, I wan up, I wan mama, I wan daddy, I wan tutu, I wan ni-ni (night night)" along with the aforementioned items. Hey, it's a start! And, she's a girl that knows what she wants :).

alohab @ 9:37 PM
2 comments

Comments:
hey, i got naked pictures of BOTH my kids, and yes, i do hold them hostage when i threaten to bring them out. for the girl, it's not big deal...yet. for the boy, he's beginning to sweat a little.

i just love the last picture with the necklace...so classic!


ao
 
Sooooo cute. i can just hear her little voice singing, "I wan mooorre..."
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger