<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 14, 2005

I'm 30!



I know that there are probably not many people who read this since I don't write all that often, so for all you reading this, "HI!" And, I'm trying to be good/better about this whole blog thing :)!

So, I'm now 30. So far, my 30s are great! My twin sister flew in from Chicago so we could spend our big day together, and Noa threw us a surprise birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Donato's. Considering he was out of the country until 7pm the night of the dinner (which started at 8pm), he's one pretty amazing husband. He had all my friends there, beautiful floral centerpieces (courtesy of Yvonne - thanks Yvonne!) and favors (thanks Tiff)...he thought of everything, and then some! He really impressed me. I never would have expected it. I defintiely married a good one! His present to me was amazing, the actual present and the creativity of the presentation. I lost my wedding band last year at the beach. It was pretty devastating, and I think I cried for a week. So, when it came time for presents, I was presented with a plastic sand bucket and shovel, filled with sand and a little tag sticking out that said, "pull me." So, I pulled the string, and there were more notes all attached to a string, giving me clues, "keep going," "make a wish," and for all of you that know Noa, a bunch of funny things in there, like "is it me?" which then followed w/ a picture of him, and the next note saying "na, didn't think so." So, at the end of the string, and 20 messages/clues, was a wedding band to replace the one I lost. Once again, I married a good one. He's truly amazing, and the amount of time and energy he put into planning and executing my birthday shows me how much he loves me :)! And, of course makes me love him even more!

On the pregnancy front, I'm doing great. I'm now 30 weeks, so roughly over 7 months and now going to the doctor every 2 weeks. We're in the hunt for a pediatrician, which is turning out to be more challenging than we expected, even though we were warned about that by my OB. We have more recommendations than we know what to do with, so thanks everyone who gave them to us! My sisters and mom threw me a great baby shower over the weekend, and I'll have pictures to post, and stories to tell about that shortly. They made sure that I am WELL prepared for this little one to come into the world, and are way too generous.

alohab @ 12:34 PM
1 comments

Comments:
Cool picture AND I loved reading the story about your special husband. Yes, we've known that quality about him for a long time now & that's why we were protective over him & his choice in women (yikes -- before you). Here's wishing you many more HAPPY birthdays and please don't lose that also special ring (smile).

Hugs,
aohoku
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger