<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/16436977?origin\x3dhttp://naneaallen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Target is coming, target is coming...


I just can't seem to say it enough: TARGET IS COMING!!!

Yes, in a completely un-kid-related post, I have to share my complete joy that Target is finally coming to Hawaii.  While those of you that have Target on a day-to-day basis think, "big deal," it is very exciting to me.  After living in Hawaii for almost 13 years without a Target, I have truly come to appreciate it.  It is one of the places that I go to first when I go home, and could probably go every day and spend hours just looking around.  The deals!  Awesome kid's clothes!  Household items!  Great designers that make things just for Target!!  (Tiff - Orla Kiely has a houseware line just for Target).

T-minus 3 days till opening.  March 4th is the "soft" opening, and the 8th is their official grand opening.  And even better, they are opening in Kapolei, a mere 10 minutes from my house and REVERSE traffic!  How great is that?

Slowly we are getting my favorite stores here in Hawaii.  I blogged about the recent opening of Whole Foods (hooray!, and I drive 40 minutes, with the constant risk of traffic for this one), and we recently got a Nordstrom and J. Crew.  Give me a Trader Joe's, Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn, and life would just about be perfect.

And yes, if you want to know, I plan to be at Target on the 4th.  Although I have to work that day, I will load up the girls and head on over there afterwards.  Good thing Noa is on another trip.  There's no one to shake their head at me.

Labels:

alohab @ 7:23 PM
6 comments

Comments:
Ah man, you just stole my thunder! I'll probably post when I go and get a picture--too funny!
 
Oh I TOTALLY understand. I was MISERABLE living in Leesburg Virginia UNTIL our Super Target (the first with a full fledged grocery store inside) and our Costco opened. I thought I'd died and gone to heavan, and am now there every other day. In fact, I've gotta run right now because those two stores are calling!
 
i'd shake my head at you, but i'll probably be in line with you (lol).
 
i'm so jealous!!! i miss target... i think i DID go nearly everyday i was living in LA... oh, the shoes, the furniture, the baby clothes (and this from the one without babies... but you reaped the rewards!). there's nothing that even comes close to target here... tesco is a distant (very, very distant) cousin...
 
Congratulations!!!! As a target ADDICT, I know you will enjoy every retail experience there. The dollar section, kids clothes, sports items, paper, food. Just love the place! Have fun.
 
I will be there this weekend too!!! Canʻt wait! I love Target! Got my favorite pot there.
 
Post a Comment


Name: alohab
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile


Powered by Blogger